HOW TO THE CONTEST WORKS
Jury: The jury will be formed by Paolo Fresu undisputed number one of the jazz world, in the role of artistic director and President of the jury.
Nick The Nightfly, musician and historical voice of the program “Montecarlo Nights”, aired from 1990 on Radio Montecarlo.
Marco Molendini, prestigious journalist National and coordinator of Umbria Jazz.
Riccardo Sgualdini, journalist and press office of the important festival in the island.
Salvatore Maltana, musician bass player and artistic director of the International Jazz Day of Unesco within the festival JazzAlguer.
• Open to all bands of countries bordering the Mediterranean
• Jazz, indie and world music
• Bands should have an average age of Max 35 years
• Bands must have released up to two CDs
• Bands should only offer original tracks (max. two)
• Registration on the site dedicated www.jazzalguer.com
• Technical jury that decides the five finalists
• Final with live performance (Max 15 ‘ of original tracks)
• The winner of the contest will benefit from scholarship worth 5,000 euros, tied to actions aimed to the formative and artistic growth: courses in music specialization, production/publication of artistic works.
• The band finalists will travel and accommodation paid.
• Registration deadline April 15, 2018
17-18-19 May – Alghero, within the JazzAlguer festival,
music, colors, and flavors of the Mediterranean to accompany the band’s music, the creation of a market of agro-food excellence in the Mediterranean area.
Mediterranean cuisine emphasizes the values of hospitality, the neighborhood, intercultural dialogue and creativity and represents a way of life guided by respect for diversity. It plays a vital role in cultural spaces, festivals, and celebrations by bringing together people of different ethnicities groups but part of the same territory as the Mediterranean.